Starry Night Flush Setting Layered Pendant Tutorial
OCTOBER 2ND BOXES SHIP, VIDEO RELEASE OCTOBER 7TH. Classes begin October 16th for Group Mentored Zoom Class. Make these flush set Starry Night pendants! Step by step tutorials with detailed instructions thru on demand video, full printed booklet, featured hand tools, several burs, bits, and finishing sundries as well as metal and stones to complete the projects. See below for more details!
Make this wonderful Starry Night pendant through project based learning! Materials, featured tools, sundries/consumables for completing the project are included as well as some sample products to try out!
You will need some basic metalsmithing tools and a soldering set up to accomplish this project. Please refer to the tool set up here. Send me an email if you have any questions about your set up and being able to make the project.
PLEASE NOTE: You can UPGRADE to a pre textured sterling silver sheet at no extra charge, add diamonds for an additional charge (one-3mm round and three-2mm round natural round brilliant cut diamonds) or lab created moissanites (one-3mm round and three-2mm round brilliant cuts.) You must choose these as upgrades to your selection to receive them. You will still receive the cz stones in your kit.
- Sterling silver sheet to complete two versions of this pendant. It is available with or without a rolling mill paper textured surface. If you have a rolling mill, you are able to try this technique out yourself.
- Sterling silver square stock and round wire to complete the frames.
- Argentium round wire to complete the pinned hinge, dots and ring bezel for the flush setting.
- Sterling silver tubing for the hinge.
- Solder wire in hard, medium and easy.
- Swarovski precision cut cubic zirconia to complete two of these pendants. An upgrade addition for completing one pendant in lab created moissanites or natural diamonds are available options! You will still receive the cubic zirconias in your kit with the upgrades.
- Premade point burnishers in rosewood handles.
- Brass pusher in handle.
- PSA backed micro finishing film sample, pumice wheel, sanding barrels, and radial bristle brush stack for finishing.
- Drill bit, bud burs, ball burs, setting burs for setting and a hart bur for texturing.
- 1oz tube of gel liver of sulfur for patina application. This size bottle will cover multiple uses beyond the project.
- 2 sticks of thermoloc for securing the work for flush setting able to reuse indefinitely.
- Steel tweezers for setting small parts in place and general studio use.
- Free Flow Flux and Bur Lube paste sample sized jars.
- Toothpick with beeswax for stone picking up and placement.
- Full spiral bound booklet with step by step instructions and images. (I've upgraded these in quality for you to grow your technique reference library with a more professional look.)
- LIFETIME access to the on demand videos to watch as many times as you want. (Available for you to download on your own computer upon request.)
- Four ONE HOUR long group Zoom meetings to talk about tips, tricks and answer questions. These will be weekly and recorded and available for replay if the time for meet up doesn't work for you.
- Community support and continued support after the tutorial class run through our Facebook group to share, ask questions and find resources.
- Access to your instructor through email or text during scheduled office hours to help with challenges, support or questions.