The Hammer and Anvil 3 Month Subscription Tutorial Box
The is the subscription for 3 boxes and tutorials with month long instructor support from release date. Boxes/projects are scheduled approximately every 6-8 weeks. Please visit the monthly boxes for details.
We will make a piece of jewelry together! I will send a featured tool or tools plus all the materials needed to make the piece. There are some basic metalsmithing tools that need to be in your studio to be able to accomplish the projects.
Basic metalsmithing and jewelry skills are needed. Previous soldering, sawing, filling, forming, and finishing is helpful. There are some basic metalsmithing and jewelry making tools that need to be in your studio to be able to accomplish the project and future projects. Studio tools needed (not limited to just these but an example of a basic set up.) If you don't have all of these, contact me and we can decide what is absolutely essential or alternatives for success. There are great cost effective solutions when the tool is not in the cards at the moment.
- Torch: Butane Big Shot at minimum should work but propane/oxygen, acetylene ambient air (Silversmith torch), acetylene/oxygen are preferred (Little Torch.)
- Fire safe area to solder. Can use a fire brick, magnesia block, charcoal block or pizza stone
- Soldering pick, tweezers and third arm or could just be soldering cross locking tweezers
- Pickle pot, copper or bamboo tongs and rinse bowls
- Hand files: one larger hand file and some smaller needle files.
- Flex shaft or rotary hand grinder that takes 3/32" bits. (Foredom, Dremel, etc)
- Sandpaper or finishing paper in several progressive grits
- Basic chasing hammer
- Rawhide or nylon/derlin mallet
- Steel bench block or small anvil
- Drill bits in variety of sizes
- Jewelers saw frame and blades 1/0-5/0
- Bench pin
- Rotary tumbler with stainless steel media or without to start
- Steel ring mandrel
- Wood ring clamp
- Shop vise
- Internet connection for live streaming and video meetings
- Bezel roller, curved burnisher and bezel pusher
- Measuring brass gauge or digital calipers